Wireless Network Engineer
This Australian client is a leading analytics and data driven marketing provider. Their SaaS solution integrates and processes a variety of data sources to understand physical spaces and their audiences. They provide solutions to some of the world’s most prestigious brands, operating in industries such as; Retail, Education, Transport, Hospitality, Sport / Recreation, Govt. / Municipality and QSR.
Their Operations team in Australia provides design, build and support of infrastructure solutions and services.
We are seeking a Wireless Network Engineer with demonstrable technical knowledge and experience
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Background
- Good working knowledge & experience with
- Enterprise Wifi design installation, configuration and maintenance
- Validation of quality and reliability of wireless installations
- Working knowledge & experience with
- Undertaking Wireless Survey using enterprise tools such as Ekahau Pro
- Networking Switching, Routing & Security.
- Network & Systems Management software & tools (such as HPOpenview, SolarWinds, Zabbix,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good Working knowledge of ITIL Framework
- Experience with one or more enterprise wireless vendors such as HPE Aruba, Cisco, Meraki and Ruckus
- Hands on experience undertaking wireless
- Working knowledge and experience with
- Unix / Linux Operating Systems.
- enterprise firewalls
- network & systems automation
- Infrastructure Design Experience, particularly network
- Experience with enterprise vendors such as Palo Alto, Juniper, Fortinet, F5 and Riverbed
Good to have
- Managed Service Provider experience
- Intermediate/Specialist level ITIL knowledge (e.g. Create, Deliver, Support)
- Working knowledge and experience with
- Software Defined WAN
- Network DevOps
- Enterprise collaboration (voice, video, contact center, chat)
- cloud computing solutions: PaaS, IaaS, SaaS.
- Service provider solutions (5G, SDN, Network Automation, Optical Networking, Services Orchestration)
- Project management experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Devise, plan, deploy, and improve wireless networks, collaborating with customers, vendors, managers, and peers.
- Level 2 & 3 Support of existing customers, including raising of vendor support tickets where appropriate
- Assist and supplement level 1 & 2 Support personnel, including
- first response (answering calls and responding to emails
- triage of support tickets
- Develop, refine and maintain internal & external product support processes & procedures.
- Assist in development of colleagues
- Ensure that processes & procedures are followed
- Help drive operational efficiencies through the development and implementation of operational support systems, tools, automation.
- Take initiative in developing skills as individuals outside of training that is already provided. This may include, but not limited to reading manuals and exploring company products.
- Ensure SLA compliance through effective availability controls and systems.
- Assist sales team with tender proposals.
Personal and Behavioral
- Teamwork – Contribution to the team reflected in
- flexibility, reliability, commitment to own and team goals,
- communicating effectively, consulting with, and acknowledging others Logical thought processes and analysis techniques.
- Customer Focus – Focuses on the best outcomes for the business and the customer, and demonstrates a commitment to meet customers’ needs and requirements
- Positive Work Ethic – This includes demonstrating a ‘can-do’ attitude, positivity, motivation and the ability to use initiative and get things done.
- Honesty and Integrity – Demonstrating honesty and fairness, being ‘up-front’ in communications and being consistent.
- Respect – Being friendly, approachable and courteous, and receptive to others’ ideas. Treating the workplace, other staff and the business environment with respect.
- Commitment to accurate documentation.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences, including peers, suppliers, management and clients.
- Ability to work with precision under tight deadlines.
- Personal initiative and independence in achieving outcomes.
- Willingness to accept a wide range of responsibilities.
- Enthusiastic about technology.
About Flat Planet
Established in 2010, Flat Planet® is a family-owned, Australian-operated firm run by Chris & Jenny Moriarty giving businesses safe, sustainable, and personalized way to access Southeast Asian talent and markets. We build, accommodate and manage teams of professionals on behalf of successful businesses from all over the world.
CEO Guided Tour
T: +61 2 8412 8141
E : email@example.com